Welcome to the Salt League!
8 weeks of trying hard, having fun and meeting motivated climbers (like yourself)!
Every week during our session climbers will earn points based on a weighted scoring system, relative to the climbers “Flash Level” or the hardest grade that climber can usually flash:
Flash Level Ranking
L1 - 5.6-5.7
L2 - 5.8-5.9
L3 - 5.10a/b
L4 - 5.10c/d
L5 - 5.11a/b
L6 - 5.11c/d
L7 - 5.12a/b
L8 - 5.12c/d
Top Rope & Lead Scoring
For example, an L3 (5.10a/b) climber will earn 20 points for sending a 5.11a.
- Flash Level is self selected but all scores will be reviewed and confirmed on a weekly basis by the League Commissioner (Ara). Any climber who sends a route that is more than two Flash Levels above their own will get bumped up to the next Level.
- For example, an L3 climber who sends a 5.11c (L6 climb) will be considered and scored as an L4 climber from that week on.
- Sending 3 or more routes that are two Flash Levels above their own will also result in the climber getting bumped up one Level.
- Refer to this SHARED SCORESHEET for updated weekly standings and team info.
- Prizes will be awarded to all members of the winning team.
- Prizes include: one month of membership, approach shoes, and chalk. With additional prizes still to come!
Each team of four will select :
Team Name + Team Captain + Team Color (first come, first serve for color choices!).
If a competitor misses one of our sessions, teams can sub in a climber for the night or have their lowest individual score counted twice if a sub cannot be found. Scores will be updated weekly on a shared Google Sheet.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions and get ready to throw down!