Team Salt Pump
Team Salt Pump will begin fall practice on Monday, August 31st. While the USAC has cancelled in-person competitions for the fall 2020 bouldering season, our youth team will still meet and practice in isolated 6 person groups with the goal of focusing on improving all aspects of our climbing game. If your child is new to the team but interested in pursuing their potential in climbing, please contact Head Coach Ara Morton to set up a private meeting and assessment.
Team Salt Pump is a youth climbing team for self-motivated kids ages 8-19 who want to take their climbing to the next level. Through structured training sessions, team members will strengthen their technical skills, fitness, and climbing ability. With the guidance of our USAC certified coaches, the team will explore all aspects of the sport to help them improve their climbing. Team members will learn about proper nutrition, injury prevention, resting, mental preparation, and route reading.
Please contact Head Coach Ara Morton at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Placement on Competition Team requires a high level of skill, motivation, and a drive to compete.
- Team members are required to attend the Salt Pump Competition and at least one other local competition for both sport and bouldering seasons. And must attend Regional Championship if qualified.
- Team members must commit to a practice schedule of three times per week.
- Placement on Development Team requires a high level of commitment, maturity, and a drive to compete.
- Over time, all Development Team members are expected to make the transition to Competition Team.
- Development Team members are required to attend the Salt Pump Competition in each season and are encouraged to attend other competitions.
Pricing is $275 per month. This includes a membership to Salt Pump. Competition registration, personal climbing gear, mini-camps and field trips, and other programming will carry additional cost.
Meet the Coach
Ara cut his teeth in the trad climbing and bouldering paradise of the Gunks. A New Yorker through and through, he roots hard for the Yankees and has a soft spot for fresh bagels. With years of experience working as an adult and youth coach, route-setter, and manager, Ara is a veritable Swiss Army knife serving the Salt Pump community.