Team Salt Pump
Team Salt Pump is a youth climbing team for self-motivated kids ages 8-19 who want to take their climbing to the next level. Through structured training sessions, team members will strengthen their technical skills, fitness, and climbing ability. With the guidance of our USAC certified coaches, the team will explore all aspects of the sport to help them improve their climbing. Team members will learn about proper nutrition, injury prevention, resting, mental preparation, and route reading.
For more information, please contact our Youth Programs Director at Brittney@saltpumpclimbing.com
- Placement on Competition Team requires a high level of skill, motivation, and a drive to compete.
- Team members are required to attend the Salt Pump Competition and at least one other local competition for both sport and bouldering seasons. And must attend Regional Championship if qualified.
- Team members must commit to a practice schedule of three times per week.
- Placement on Development Team requires a high level of commitment, maturity, and a drive to compete.
- Over time, all Development Team members are expected to make the transition to Competition Team.
- Development Team members are required to attend the Salt Pump Competition in each season and are encouraged to attend other competitions.
Pricing is $225 per month. This includes a membership to Salt Pump, full access to our facility during business hours, two complimentary guest passes per month, yoga classes, and all other member benefits. Competition registration, personal climbing gear, mini-camps and field trips, and other programming will carry an additional cost.
Meet the Coaches
By day, Alison is a middle school art teacher in Saco. By night, she is motivating our youth teams through her infectious spirit and passion for climbing. With her new position as the Assistant Coach, she's inspiring our young climbers to achieve their climbing goals. She also learns a lot from the team, solving problems and having fun together. Read an interview with Alison.
Ara cut his teeth in the trad climbing and bouldering paradise of the Gunks. A New Yorker through and through, he roots hard for the Yankees and has a soft spot for fresh bagels. With years of experience working as an adult and youth coach, route-setter, and manager, Ara is a veritable Swiss Army knife serving the Salt Pump community.
Cavan graduated from the University of Maine with a degree in engineering, only to quit his job to have more time to train, travel, and climb.