Team Salt Pump
Team Salt Pump is a youth climbing team for self-motivated kids ages 7-19 who want to take their climbing to the next level. Through structured training sessions, team members will strengthen their technical skills, fitness, and climbing ability. With the guidance of our USAC certified coaches, the team will explore all aspects of the sport to help them improve their climbing. Team members will learn about proper nutrition, injury prevention, resting, mental preparation, and route reading.
2018 -2019 Season in Review
Team Salt Pump is broken into two sections: competition team and development team. Placement is based on age, skill, maturity, attitude, and drive to compete. All team members are required to fully commit to the practice schedule as well as attend competitions.
Fall season starts with tryouts; the team members are placed; and the fall season ends the week of December 21st. Spring season begins in January with another round of tryouts.
Pricing is $210 per month. This includes a membership to Salt Pump, full access to our facility during business hours, two complimentary guest passes per month, yoga classes, and over 80 hours of coaching.
- Placement on Competition Team requires a high level of skill, motivation, and a drive to compete.
- With the occasional exception, everyone is required to participate in a minimum of one season on the Development Team prior to joining Competition Team.
- Team members are required to attend the Regional Championships for both sport and bouldering seasons, and therefore must attend a minimum of TWO local competitions to qualify.
- Competition Team is split in two: one for regional or divisional competitors and one for climbers entering the competition scene
- All Competition Team members must own personal climbing gear.
- Placement on Development Team requires a high level of commitment, maturity, and a drive to compete.
- Over time, all Development Team members are expected to make the transition to Competition Team
- Development Team members are required to attend at least ONE local competition and are highly encouraged to attend the Regional Championships.
Meet the Coaches
By day, Alison is a middle school art teacher in Saco. By night, she is motivating our youth teams through her infectious spirit and passion for climbing. With her new position as the Assistant Coach, she's inspiring our young climbers to achieve their climbing goals. She also learns a lot from the team, solving problems and having fun together. Read an interview with Alison.
An engineer by training, Will grew up in Rhode Island before migrating north. His love for adventure frequently drives him to undertake arduous treks and climbs in the White Mountains -- especially in winter.