Team Salt Pump
Team Salt Pump is a youth climbing team for self-motivated kids ages 7-19 who want to take their climbing to the next level. Through structured training sessions, team members will strengthen their technical skills, fitness, and climbing ability. With the guidance of our USAC certified coaches, the team will explore all aspects of the sport to help them improve their climbing. Team members will learn about proper nutrition, injury prevention, resting, mental preparation, and route reading.
Team Salt Pump is broken into three sections: First Team, Development Team 1, and Development Team 2. Placement is based on age, skill, maturity, attitude, and drive to compete. All team members are required to fully commit to the practice schedule as well as attend competitions.
Fall season starts with tryouts; the team members are placed; and the fall season ends the week of December 21st. Spring season begins in January with another round of tryouts.
Pricing is $210 per month. This includes a membership to Salt Pump, full access to our facility during business hours, two complimentary guest passes per month, yoga classes, and over 80 hours of coaching.
- Placement on First Team requires a high level of skill, motivation, and a drive to compete.
- With the occasional exception, everyone is required to participate in a minimum of one season on the Development Team prior to joining First Team.
- First Team members are required to attend the Regional Championships for both sport and bouldering seasons, and therefore must attend a minimum of TWO local competitions to qualify.
- All First Team members must own personal climbing gear.
Development Team 2
- Placement on Development Team 2 requires a high level of commitment, maturity, and a drive to compete.
- Over time, all Development Team members are expected to make the transition to First Team. Development Team 2 is the stepping stone to joining First Team
- Development Team 2 members are required to attend at least ONE local competition and are highly encouraged to attend the Regional Championships.
Development Team 1
- Placement on Development Team 1 requires a high level of commitment and an interest in competing. Development Team 1 is for the younger, less experienced, and less mature climber who has an interest in competing.
- Practices are similarly structured to First Team and Development Team 2, but the intensity and expectations are slightly eased. Full commitment to the practice schedule is required.
- Development Team 1 members are required to attend at least ONE local competition.
Spring rope climbing season schedule: TBD
Contact us at email@example.com or 207-219-8145 to for pricing information or to learn more about Team Salt Pump.
2018/2019 Tryout Schedule
Tryouts for Spring 2019 season:
Thursday, January 17th - afternoon
Saturday, January 19th - morning
Exact times still TBD.
Please email or call us if you would like to join the team this fall - we accept new team members on a rolling basis.
Meet the Coaches
Guest Head Coach
Hailing from Sheffield, UK, Michaela is an international competitor that will take our youth teams to the next level. Ranked as high as 8th internationally, Michaela brings her experience in high pressure competitions, while keeping climbing fun and light. Personally, she has continued to push her own limits in the competition scene and outside, sending V11 and .13d. Read her interview in Inside Game.
By day, Alison is a middle school art teacher in Saco. By night, she is motivating our youth teams through her infectious spirit and passion for climbing. With her new position as the Assistant Coach, she's inspiring our young climbers to achieve their climbing goals. She also learns a lot from the team, solving problems and having fun together. Read an interview with Alison.