Rock climbing is a unique couples' activity that can spice up any date night. Salt Pump Climbing Co. is a 10,000 square foot facility with hundreds of climbing routes, 10 minutes from downtown Portland Maine. No experience is necessary! Our staff will train you on how to use all of the gear, as well as give you plenty of tips and tricks to enhance your first indoor climbs. Finish off your date night adventure with a cold beer on our deck.
- $12.50 for kids 12 and under.
- Full access to climbing and fitness facilities for the day, including re-entry. You can do as many climbs as you'd like.
- 10% discount for students, military, Boomers, and American Alpine Club members.
Intro to Climbing
$40 / 2 hours
- Learn the ropes!
- Our professionals will teach you how to tie in and belay, the foundational skills of rock climbing.
- Two hours of instruction, rental gear and a 2 week trial membership.
Day passes and punch cards do not include rental equipment.
If you are top rope or lead climbing, a harness is required. Climbing shoes are not required, but highly recommended. If not climbing shoes, please bring with you a pair of clean, indoor, closed-toed athletic shoes to use. No barefoot climbing is allowed. Many climbers use chalk while climbing to keep hands dry.
- Climbing shoe rental: $6
- Harness Rental: $6
- Belay device and locking carabiner rental: $3
- Chalk bag rental: $3
- Shoes + Harness + Belay device/carabiner rental: $13