We appreciate your support as Indoor Climbing returns to normal in Maine. Salt Pump strives to keep the health and safety of the community as a leading priority. Our decisions are made in accordance to the guidelines set out by the ME CDC.
As of Friday, March 4th, face masks masks are not required for vaccinated individuals. Cumberland County has been given a community level MEDIUM and the state of Maine, in accordance with the federal CDC, recommends that all individuals wear face coverings in public indoor settings where the community level is HIGH.
New to Salt Pump? If you're planning on visiting our facility for the first time, please check out our First Time Visitors page for additional information.
- Consistent with the US and ME CDC guidelines, masks are not required for vaccinated individuals. (updated 03/04/2022)
- We encourage hand washing or sanitization - there are a dozen conveniently located sanitization stations throughout the gym. Liquid Chalk >70% alcohol can substitute for hand sanitizer too.
- Physical distancing is encouraged.
- We are currently offering both adult and youth programming, please check out the below pages for additional information.
Please do not enter the gym if you can answer “YES” to any of these questions.
- Have you had a cough or sore throat?
- Have you had a fever or do you feel feverish?
- Do you have shortness of breath?
- Do you have loss of taste or smell?
- Have you been around anyone exhibiting these symptoms within the past 14 days?
- Are you living with anyone who is sick or quarantined?
International travelers coming to Maine have separate requirements, please check the state of Maine website for additional information. If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dear All, We hope everyone has been well and finding new and unique ways to pass the time. The coming of May means we are fully into spring and ready…
Hello Salt Pump Community! We truly miss all of your chalky smiling faces. We hope that you and your families and friends are doing as well as they can despite the uncertainty…
Friends, It breaks our hearts to say this, but Salt Pump will be closing effective immediately until further notice. All programs and scheduled events will also be cancelled until we…
Dear Salt Pump Community, My name is Taki Miyamoto. I know many of you but if I have not had the opportunity to introduce myself in person, I am…
Covid-19 Tracing Protocol
1. Check-in with the reporting individual about their well being in this unique time and if we can assist them.
2. Confirm details with the reporting individual, including date of symptom onset, potential close contacts, testing info, and any other pertinent data.
3. Alert all individuals that were in the gym during the individuals last session(s) in the 48 hours before symptom onset. We call anyone who was noted a close contact to affirm their testing and quarantining. Our database has an integrated Contact-Tracing system designed for this.
4. Inform the Member community of the event and our process, for transparency.
5. Update the COVID-19 page on our website as a public record of any reported cases as well as our protocols.
6. Follow-up that all close-contacts know their advised return date based on Maine CDC guidelines.
COVID-19 transmission risk is elevated during cardiovascular exercise and increased respiration; forceful respiration when coughing, sneezing, and yelling; close physical contact; and sustained physical contact.
Anyone who is unable to observe the guidelines in place for community health will respectfully be asked to leave the facility.
Still have questions?
"*" indicates required fields