Covid Policy Update – September 2020
Covid Policy Updates
With autumn just around the corner, we’re rolling out some tweaks to our operations here at Salt Pump as we continue to serve our community as best we can while also addressing realities of the Covid pandemic. We are working hard every day to find safe and effective strategies to provide more climbing for all. Our sincere apologies for not being able to offer more services at this time.
Capacity Change: Beginning on Monday, August 31st, we’ll be raising our capacity to 50 customers. This reflects the fact that we have a limited amount of kids programming happening this fall. Between 4 - 6:30 p.m., 15 spots will be allotted to youth groups, leaving 35 spots available for general use. As always, we encourage those with flexible schedules to visit during off peak hours to spread out usage as much as possible. Please check the occupancy counter on our home page for the current number of customers in the building.
Hours Change: Beginning next weekend, September 5th - 6th, we’ll be open on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., and closed Sunday and Monday. It’s with a heavy heart that we reduce our hours but after a careful look at our numbers it is clear this temporary measure is the best path for us to stay open and continue serve as much of our community as possible.
Rentals are back: We’ve figured a plan to rotate and disinfect gear. Ask at the front desk if you need anything! Parent's please note: to maintain physical distancing, you will be expected to put rental gear on your child. A Salt Pump staff member will be happy to provide verbal instruction as you do so.
Continuing Covid Policies
The following rules and guidances remain in effect.
- Masks must be worn at all times inside the facility.
- Do not visit Salt Pump if you have experienced any fever or flu-like symptoms in the last week.
- Please alert us if you test positive for Covid-19 less than a month after having visited Salt Pump.
- Six feet of physical distancing should be maintained with all other customers and staff.
- No loose chalk is allowed in the facility. Liquid chalk is available for purchase and at complementary stations around the gym.
- Please use credit or debit cards for all transactions.
- No pets are allowed in the facility.
- Only one individual or family group is allowed to climb in a specific bouldering zone at a time.
- Please do not touch any retail equipment you do not intend to buy.