Saturday, February 8th
Citizens Competition & Finals Round
Welcome To The Clampdown 2020
The Clampdown is a citizens bouldering competition - climbers of all abilities are welcome! Come test your clampers on dozens of brand new boulder problems, then stay to enjoy some lobster tacos, and perhaps a frosty beverage, and watch the big girls and boys go head-to-head in a white-knuckle finals thriller.
Brought to the New England climbing community with love and support from sponsors including High Roller Lobster Company, Trango, Tenaya shoes, Chalk Cartel, EMS, and FlowFold.
- $45 Non Member Early Registration
- $35 Salt Pump Member Early Registration
- $50 Non Member Day Of Event Registration
- $45 Member Day Of Event Registration
- No spectator Fee
(...and yes, 2 free lobster tacos are included in your comp registration fee!)
SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 8th 2020
- Doors Open: 11 a.m.
- Open Category: 12 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Happy Hour: 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.
- Finals Round: 5 p.m. - 7 p.m.
The event will feature 40 all-new problems in a three-hour red-point round. This means you are free to attempt each problem as many times as you like. Problems will be peer judged.
- A competitors top six successful problems count towards their score.
- The top 6 female and top 6 male competitors will be invited to take part in a finals round consisting of 3 problems.
- The top 3 female and top 3 male competitors will be awarded cash prizes of $500, $300, and $200 dollars.
- Novice and Intermediate winners will be announced and awarded gear prizes.
- Minimum age requirement: competitors must be 14 years old or older to register.
- All rules are subject to change at the discretion of the Ministry of Route-setting. The Ministry's rulings are final and non-negotiable.
"I have been up against tough competition all my life. I wouldn't know how to get along without it."
- WALT DISNEY
"It is better to conquer yourself than to win a thousand battles. Then the victory is yours. It cannot be taken from you, not by angels or by demons, heaven or hell."